The World Future Energy Summit, one of the key events for the renewable energy industry, has organized the webinar series to demonstrate the importance of continuing to align the economic recovery along with addressing climate change challenges and the priorities set by the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals. As part of The New Energy Economy webinar, Hariram Subramanian, CTO of Huawei Smart PV shares the 10 Future Trends for Smart PV 2025, also advocates Huawei’s role and determination to help solar become the main energy source of the future.
“With the rapid digitalization and emergence of new applications for key digital technologies, such as AI, cloud, big data, Huawei has engaged with experts in the field and has released 10 emerging technology trends for smart PV in 2025. We look forward to working with customers and partners in the Middle East region to achieve these visions and goals in the near future,” shared by Hariram Subramanian, CTO of Huawei Smart PV.
10 Trends in Smart PV for 2025
1. Digitalization: More than 90% of global PV Plants will be digitalized.
2. AI-driven Smart Upgrades: Over 70% PV plants will apply AI techniques.
3. Unmanned PV Plants: More than 80% of the work in PV plants will be unmanned.
4. Proactive Support for Power Grids: PV plants will shift from grid-adapting to grid-supporting.
5. Solar + Storage: The proportion of PV systems coupled with energy storage will exceed 30%.
6. Virtual Power Plants: More than 80% of residential systems will connect to Virtual Power Plant (VPP) networks.
7. Active Safety: Arc-fault circuit interrupter (AFCI) will become a must-have feature in distributed PV rooftop systems, and will be incorporated into international industry standards.
8. Higher Power Density: Inverter power density will increase by more than 50%.
9. Modular Design: Core components such as inverters, PCS and energy storage devices will adopt modular design.
10. Security and Trustworthiness: Security and Trustworthiness has become a necessary requirement for PV plants.
These trends encompass four dimensions: lower Levelized Cost of Electricity (LCOE), power grid friendliness, intelligent convergence, and security and trustworthiness. The trends aim to drive the industry toward intelligent, green solutions, and provide insight into innovation and soaring growth in the new energy industry. The detailed report for the 10 Future Trends for Smart PV 2025 could be found here